Dr. William U. Murthy
welcomes you to Orthodontics of Cambridge, established in 2006. We are a respected orthodontic care provider within your community of Cambridge MA, Belmont MA, Arlington MA, Somerville MA, Watertown MA, Lexington MA and Boston, MA. Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts
, our practice's top priority is to provide our patients, whose ages range from 7 to 70 and even beyond, you the highest quality orthodontic care in a friendly, comfortable environment.
From the moment a new patient is first welcomed into Dr. Murthy’s practice, you know that you are taking the first step toward the healthy, beautiful smile that you have always desired. We utilize the latest technological advances in the industry, such as ceramic braces and Invisalign orthodontic treatment as well as the latest in computer technology, including digital imaging and advanced computer graphics, to ensure that each patient receives the best possible care.
We recognize that every patient has different needs, and we pride ourselves in the courteous service we deliver to each
person who walks through our doors. Whether you're an adult, adolescent or child, our knowledgeable doctor and his team are committed to helping you achieve the smile you deserve - a healthy, beautiful one!
Dr. William Murthy’s Credentials & Experience:
- University of Pennsylvania, DMD, Honors
- University of Pennsylvania, Orthodontics Specialty Residency, Honors
- U.S. Air Force, Dental Corps, Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency, Distinction
- Board Certified Orthodontist, American Board of Orthodontics
- State Board of Dentistry, Massachusetts
- Member, American Association of Orthodontists
- Member, Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- Member, American Dental Association
- Council Member, Massachusetts Dental Society, Council on Dental Practice in Massachusetts
- Over 13 years of combined experience as a comprehensive dentist and orthodontist.
- Attends weekly orthodontic and orthognathic conferences discussing surgical orthodontic cases with residents, oral surgeons, and staff members of one of Boston’s most esteemed hospital’s Oral Surgery Department.
- Keeps on top of new trends in orthodontics and dentistry by attending regular continuing education courses given locally and nationally.
- Served as a Captain and as a Comprehensive General dentist in the U.S. Air Force, Dental Corps serving with men and women of U.S Armed forces around the world.
At Our Practice, We Treat The Entire Family:
- We see patients from age 7 to age 70, and beyond.
- For young patients from ages 7 to 12, we provide Phase I or Interceptive Orthodontic treatment, to monitor facial growth, dental development and eruption of permanent teeth as the children grow into teen years.
- For adolescent patients from ages 13 to 19, we provide Phase II or Comprehensive Orthodontic treatment giving them a healthy and beautiful smile.
- For Adults, the treatment we provide ranges from simple procedures such as making spaces for crowns, bridges and implants, to more complex surgical orthodontic treatment working closely with Boston’s top oral surgeons to correct jaw mal-occlusions.
- We are also happy to provide Invisalign or Clear aligner treatment to adults who meet the required indications.
Looking For An Orthodontist For Yourself or Your Child?
Come Check Out Our Practice!
- We do quality work! We take pride in the personal attention and thorough patient education we provide to our patients and their families.
- Along with our amazing office setting, cleanliness, chic décor, and outstanding customer service, we use state-of-the-art digital x-rays to minimize x-ray exposure and to achieve the highest quality images. All the patient records are digitally stored using practice management systems running on Apple computers that are extremely reliable.
- We use state-of-the-art orthodontic wires, brackets, and products. But ultimately, it’s Dr. Murthy – the orthodontist behind these products – that gives our patients the fantastic, healthy and stable bite and smile.
- We are committed to a team approach involving Dr. Murthy, our staff, our patients, their family, and our patients’ family dentist. Dr. Murthy constantly communicates with our patients’ dentists with letters, photos and x-rays to keep the dentist updated on each patient’s treatment progress.
- We believe that good communication and understanding are the keys to an excellent working relationship with our patients. Our staff is prepared to answer your questions and to provide you with any information necessary throughout active treatment and into retention.
- Our treatment fee includes everything – your visits, records, orthodontic appliances, one set of retainers, and 2 years post-orthodontic treatment visits for retention checks. There are no surprises.
- Patient video testimonials are available for viewing. In addition, select patients have volunteered to serve as references regarding our caring customer service and their orthodontic experience with us.
- Our staff and Dr. Murthy work as a well-balanced team so that together we can achieve your orthodontic goals. Each member of our staff is friendly, outgoing, caring, skillful, and knowledgeable. We are here to work with you and transform your smile!